I Have The Power-with a capital P

We have reached the middle of Sexual Assault Awareness month so I wanted to check in. How are you going about spreading awareness?

A few weeks ago, I filmed a documentary with the help of Give Life Media about my experience with Sexual Assault in the very place that it happened. I really had every intention on going to that park and being strong. I didn't want to cry or feel sad but I did. In fact, I cried a few times (if you know me you know I am a huge cry baby) and that's OKAY. I chose to be vulnerable and reminded myself that there is strength in that. There is strength in my vulnerability. Now, I know that for some people that may seem to be a bit much;to go back to the place where something so traumatic happened. For me, that seemed PERFECT. No, it was  IS perfect.  To go back to the place where a man, a stranger who knows nothing of my awesome-ness (yes, that's a word ;-)) tried to violate my Spirit is POWERFUL. I took my Power back and no matter who you are and what you are going through, you have the right and the will to take your Power back, too. All you have to do is DECIDE! I cannot wait to share this journey with you! In the meantime, what are YOU going to do?
Photo is courtesy of Give Life Media. To see more of their work click HERE


There is still time for you to participate. The  National Sexual Violence Resource Center has created fun, interactive and effective ways to spread awareness about Sexual Violence and to show your support. Feel free to join in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incest:Protect Your Children by Patricia Singleton

Break the Silence

My Letter to you: Rape and Jokes- I Am Not Laughing