Who are you to NOT be FABULOUS???

I had started writing this post yesterday and finished it up this morning. 

I've had this nagging tension behind my right eye all day and as much as I told myself I would lay down and rest, now I just can't. I have to get this off my chest.

The past few weeks have been very interesting for me. I have had some amazing soul moments. Soul moments are the moments when I allow my intuition, my Spirit, My Soul to speak to me. I drown out the world and I just listen. Then I've had those moments where I doubt myself or I worry too much or I'm hesitant. Today I have had this headache for majority of the day and after cooking my very delicious dinner (yes, I'm a great cook), I decided that I would lay down for a moment to try to get rid of this eye tension or whatever it is.

Yesterday I came across an author and motivational speaker Shanel Cooper-Sykes and she put up a status that really connected with me.

"Hesitation.Im not on TV yet. So I take extreme efforts to market and advertise to as many women as I can. (Keep reading because this message applies to your life). Some people unsubscribe. Yes, I could hesitate and say, "No Shanel, don't send too many emails, don't post too many FB posts." But if I hesitate and focus on the "wrong" thing, I'll be doing a disservice to the women who need to see and hear these messages. For the sake of what? Trying not to offend certain people? You can't live or be successful like this. Look in your life to see where you've been hesitating, withholding and missing opportunities to move your life forward and help others."





This status really hit home for me because I find myself hesitating in many areas of my life. I find myself always asking questions that I already have the answer to.I am always second guessing my self. Hesitating. Procrastinating. I have missed opportunities to network and empower because of hesitation. I have hesitated on goals and tried to change up to make people feel comfortable with my Truth. And where has any of that gotten me???? NOWHERE. So, today, let me tell you, without any opinion, question or hesitation, let me tell you what I KNOW. I know that I am great. I know that I was placed on this earth to do wonderfully extraordinary things. I know that I am here to make people look more beautiful and feel more beautiful about themselves inside and out. I KNOW that I am a Diva!!! I know that I am sexy and sensual. I know that I wear my heart on my sleeve. I know that I am open and honest. I know that I can talk a lot. I know that I can be shy sometimes. I know that I am giving and loving and caring. I know that I would like to slim down and have a bad ass/fit body. I know that the body and shape that I have now is bad (bad meaning good) but I know that it can be better. I know what I need to know. Everything that I don't know, I'm sure I will figure it out. I know that I am intelligent and I can carry on a meaningful conversation. I know that I can adapt to whatever environment I am in. I know that my personality is sometimes intimidating. I know that I can command attention when I walk into a room. I know that I have a beautiful smile and that my smile is sincere. I know that I can say more with my eyes sometimes than I can with words. I know that I am passionate. I know that I am nurturing. I know that I am sassy. I know that I am Strong.  I know that I have so many gifts that I am great at. I know that I have the ability to make someone who may not be so attractive in the eyes of some people look BEAUTIFUL once I'm done making them up and styling them. I know that I am a great friend. I am a great motivator. I think you all get where I am going with this. 

The problem is that we allow people to talk us out of who we are, We question ourselves and our abilities just beacause other people do not believe in us. We allow someone else's opinion of who we are to become how we see ourselves when they have no clue who we are because they have not taken the time to connect with us on an authentic level. We question ourselves and ask other people who we are. What the hell...who the hell and how in the hell do they or would they know?? We have all of the answers that we need WITHIN.


I relate to Shanel Cooper-Sykes in so many ways because I see myself when I look at her. She's sassy and sexy and gets straight to the point and I LOVE IT! I watched a few of her videos on youtube and it was refreshing to see someone that I could really relate to. I have been struggling with how I can continue to motivate, inspire and empower people and still be my sexy, sensual self. Yesterday while watching some of her videos along with a Will Smith video that I will post at the end of this blog, I realized that I can do THIS. I have the POWER to do this. I AM whoever and WHAT ever I SAY I AM. I can DO WHAT ever I SAY I CAN. I'm starting to sound like Dr. Suess but you all get me. 


I have waited and waited and waited and asked questions to people who have no clue as to what the hell they are talking about. I have waited and Lord, I have waited some more and it's a WRAP! I can't wait any longer. I am young, vibrant, full of life and love and wonderful ideas. I cannot hold that to myself. I will NOT hold all of this goodness to myself. I have allowed people to make me want to dim my light. I ALLOWED that. I always say that everything is a choice and I made that  choice but today I am choosing different. I am choosing to commit to Jacquese. I am choosing to be the sexy, sassy, inspiring individual that I was created to be. It's so funny because when I was little, I remember my teachers telling me that I was fast because I had a switch in my hips when I walked. I never understood what that meant. I was just being me. I've always liked barbie dolls, never been much of a cartoon watcher. Hell, I can't even ride a bike! And I don't want to learn right now. Maybe later. My point is, I was a girl. I was feminine and soft but I kept fighting that. I kept dimming my light. I kept questioning myself.  That will have to be another blog post though. Anyway, the older I became, the more feminine I grew to be and it went from my teachers saying that I was switching to girls in high school telling me that I thought I was too cute or better than or whatever. Then it went from that to people asking me, "Why do you always look like you're walking down a runway?!?" Look, my point is that all of these things whether they seem small to you, made me question myself. It made me want to dim my light and for what? To make someone else feel comfortable? Oh no. So, now, today I am making a commitment to be me. To be my total Self. You cannot squander who you are and your gift to make someone else feel good about themselves. You are doing a disservice to you and to those around you.

LIVE. Live TODAY. Stop being afraid to be who you are, go where you want to go and do what you want to do. JUST DO IT. JUST BE. Don't wait until tomorrow to be your fabulous amazing Self. START TODAY! You have to. If you don't, you will regret it. I can promise you that!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incest:Protect Your Children by Patricia Singleton

Break the Silence

Self Love Before Making Love